Major items of work for this project shall include the following:
1. Demolition and removal of: 1,334 sq ft one story building with basement and detached 480 sq ft garage. Demolition shall include all improvements including buildings, footings, foundations, basements, private sidewalks, drives, hard surface paving, sheds, fencing, shrubs, and trees. See Attachment A for a map of demolition limits and the Pottawattamie County Assessor sheets.
2. Demolition row shall include one drive approaches on 2nd Avenue. The drive shall be saw cut along adjacent driveway. Adjacent drive should be stabilized as necessary. Upon removal, a concrete curb shall be installed matching existing curbing. Work shall be permitted and constructed in conformance of Council Bluffs Public Works Standards.
3. All asbestos materials and other hazardous waste materials within the demolition limits shall be removed and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations to strictest standard. Asbestos containing materials shall be addressed prior to demolition of the property. An Asbestos Survey Report was completed and Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) were identified. See Attachment B for a copy of the Asbestos Report. If asbestos materials and other hazardous waste materials are found during demolition, then they shall be removed and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations to strictest standard. A copy of the asbestos abatement notice is required from a licensed asbestos abatement contractor as part of the demolition permit application process from the City. In accordance with State of Iowa Code 88B the prime contractor shall be a licensed abatement contractor with the State of Iowa in order to bid the work or designate a licensed subcontractor in the proposal. The proposal shall include a copy of the prime contractor’s or designated subcontractor’s state abatement license in order to be considered responsive.
4. Associated work shall include placement of clean compacted fill on excavation areas, security, traffic control and erosion control. The lot shall be graded so the lot is crowned 1 ft above adjacent grade and match the existing grades of adjacent properties, sidewalks, and curbs. Upon completion of all fill activities the site(s) shall be graded and seeded with a turf type fescue and annual rye grass mixture.
5. The relocation of structures or accessory structures on the site is prohibited, unless otherwise agreed to prior to the execution of a ‘Notice to Proceed’.
6. All demolition materials shall be disposed of in accordance with all federal, state and local regulation requirements, or ordinances to the strictest standard, a licensed demolition or sanitary landfill facility.
7. All fill material shall be identified and approved by the City prior to award.
8. Contractor is responsible for obtaining all required City permits.
See attachments for complete details for this demolition and restoration project. Please contact Courtney Harter, Community Development Project Coordinator, at or by phone at (712) 256-6945 with any questions.