When should I report an accident?
Iowa Law requires that all accidents involving personal injury or death be reported to the nearest law enforcement agency.

Any accident where the combined damage to all vehicles involved is over $1,500.00 must be reported.

In the event that an officer was not summoned to the scene, a report may be filed at the police station.

All parties involved in the accident are required to be present at the time the report is filed.

Parties involved are required to have their drivers' license, registration for the vehicle, and proof of insurance.

Show All Answers

1. Does the City of Council Bluffs have a curfew?
2. How do I get a copy of an accident report?
3. I have questions on getting a vehicle released. What do I need to know?
4. What are the child restraint and seat belt laws?
5. What are the City of Council Bluffs' municipal traffic codes?
6. Who do I contact about a "Red Light Citation" I received in the mail?
7. When should I report an accident?