The Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a scavenger hunt in the parks! The scavenger hunt is free, designed for kids under the age of 16, and takes place from Tuesday, October 13 to Sunday, October 18.
"As the season changes to fall, and families continue to practice social distancing, we recognized the need for a fun and safe outdoor activity," said Kelsey Bocken, Recreation and Events Manager for the City of Council Bluffs. "The scavenger hunt connects kids and families to our parks and encourages active outdoor play."
The scavenger hunt takes participants to six City parks. Each park contains a plaque with clues. Participants write the clues on their scorecard to solve the quest and turn in their completed scorecard to enter the prize drawing. Prizes include Council Bluffs youth T-shirts, Bass Pro Shops youth tackle boxes, Bass Pro Shops pencil bags, gift cards to Culvers, Starbucks, Scooters, Dairy Queen, Jimmy Johns, and Subway. On Tuesday, October 20, Parks and Recreation will contact winners and announce on Facebook @CityofCB.
How to play:
• Download and print this scavenger hunt scorecard
• Visit each of the listed City parks and locate the plaque with a scavenger hunt clue
• Write the clue on your scorecard
• Turn in your completed scavenger hunt scorecard by noon on Monday, October 19, at the Parks & Recreation office or email scorecard to email@example.com
Each of the following equals one entrance to win:
• Each completed park
• Naming the person quoted
• Submitting photos of you at the parks
• Don't trespass onto private property
• Practice social distancing
• Wear a mask if social distancing isn't possible
Questions? (712) 890-5291 | cbparksandrec.org