Opening for Lap Swimming Only on June 15 - Reservation Required!
In accordance with Governor Reynolds’s Public Health Emergency Declaration, the City of Council Bluffs public pools will open for lap swimming only on June 15. There are no swimming lessons, pool parties, or family nights at this time. If Governor Reynolds updates her declaration allowing pools to reopen, we will adjust our processes accordingly.
Those wishing to come to the pool for lap swimming must have a reservation, no walk-ins will be admitted. To make a reservation, please call the pool you wish to visit (Katelman – 712-328-4939 or Pirate Cove 712-328-4694).
What To Expect:
- NO RESERVATION, NO ENTRY. A limited number of people will be admitted daily. Do not come if you do not have a pre-booked reservation. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ADMITTED.T
- TEMPERATURE CHECK BEFORE ENTRY. No one with a temperature greater than 100.4 will not be admitted.
- BRING A FACE-COVERING or purchase one on-site for $1.00 (cash or check). You must wear a face-covering when you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing when outdoors or in the bathhouses.
You will be asked to leave if you do not follow all the guidelines laid out by the City of Council Bluffs. These rules were developed in conjunction with the CDC, state, and county health authorities.
Open daily (weather permitting), beginning Monday, June 15th for lap swimming only. Reservation Required!
3 SESSION TIMES AVAILABLE FOR LAP SWIM ONLY
- Session 1-- 9:00-11:30
- Session 2-- 12:00-2:30
- Session 3-- 3:00-5:30
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE. No walk-ins will be admitted. To make a reservation, please call the pool you wish to visit (Katelman – 712-328-4939 or Pirate Cove 712-328-4694).
- Reservations must be made at least 40 minutes - 48 hours in advance
- Reservations are taken by phone only (no walk-ins)
- No more than 4 people per reservation
- Limit of 1 reservation per day
- Do not arrive before your reservation
The admission fee is $3.00 per person, cash or checks only, and due upon entry. A punch card is available for purchase at $25 for 10 swims. Limited food and beverages will be available for purchase. No outside food or beverage permitted.
Personal responsibility and respect for your fellow swimmers/pool staff is essential to the safety and success of the Council Bluffs City Pools Summer Season. All guests will be required to read and acknowledge the Council Bluffs City Pools COVID-19 policies and procedures.
IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- Wear a face covering when you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing outdoors and in designated areas.
- Follow strict physical distancing guidelines.
- Congregating in the poll and parking lot areas are strictly prohibited.
- Stay home if you are sick or high risk.
- Leave immediately if you begin to show signs or symptoms of illness.
- Shower with soap prior to entering the pool area will be required. We recommend you arrive dressed in your swimming attire.
- Do not move any chairs, they are strategically placed for social distancing.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I book more than one day at a time?
No. You can only make a reservation one day at a time and that reservation is ONLY good for that specific date and session time indicated.
Can I make a reservation for several days/weeks from now?
No. We are only doing bookings for 48 hours in advance.
Will you have food and drinks available?
Yes. We will have limited food and beverage offerings available for purchase. CASH/CHECK ONLY. No outside food or drinks permitted.
How exactly does arrival work?
- When you arrive you and every person in your party will be required to have their temperature checked before entering. If anyone in your party has a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit NO ONE in your party will be admitted.
- You must have a face covering to enter the facility, and it must be worn at all times when you cannot maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other patrons. If you do not have one upon arrival, you may purchase one for $1.00 at the front desk.
- All members of your party must be present before admittance.
- It is recommended that you arrive dressed in your swimming attire.
- Pay entrance fees at the counter while maintaining appropriate social distance from other patrons waiting to check-in. CASH OR CHECK ONLY!
- Proceed into the bathhouse and shower with soap.
What if I lose something?
Please keep track of your stuff. We will NOT be running our usual lost and found.
How are you keeping guests safe?
- We are following all the CDC and state Guidelines.
- Chairs will be placed at least 6 feet apart and cleaned between each session and are not to be moved around by guests.
- There is a limit of 4 guests per area.
- Physical distancing will be enforced, as will the wearing of face coverings in designated areas when guests cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing.
- All public areas will be cleaned between each session.