Winterfest in Bayliss Park will take place on Thursday, November 21th from 5:30 – 8 p.m. Once again, the City of Council Bluffs has joined forces with The 712 Initiative, Union Pacific Museum, and Pottawattamie Arts, Culture & Entertainment (PACE) to make this Council Bluffs holiday tradition unforgettable. Thanks to the coordination of these organizations, and a sponsorship from TS Bank, the 2019 lineup of festivities includes the traditional favorites plus a few new and exciting additions.
- Lighting Ceremony: Santa Claus and Mayor Walsh will lead the countdown for the Bayliss Park Lighting Ceremony promptly at 6 p.m.
- Food Trucks: Have dinner on Pearl Street. Food trucks currently include StreetSide Foods (Italian American Food), Smoke is No Joke (BBQ), Lincoln’s Pub (Pizza), Grandpa’s Pumpkin Patch (Kettle Corn), with more to come
- Makers Village: Shop unique handmade holiday gifts from local vendors on Pearl Street. A list of vendors can be found in the Winterfest in Bayliss Park Facebook event @CityofCB
- Pictures with Santa: Bring cameras and take a picture on Santa’s lap
- Real Reindeer: See it for yourself!
- Art Activity: Create a masterpiece with PACE
- Outdoor Movie: Watch the 1964 holiday classic, Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer on the big screen
- Live Music: New this year! Listen to local groups perform the sounds of the season
- Free Hot Chocolate: Thanks to Salvation Army, the hot chocolate is free. Thanks to The 712 Initiative, some hot chocolate will be served out of backpacks
- Balloon Artist: Get a free holiday balloon twisted
- Face Painters: Kids can get their faces painted for free
- Festive Photo Ops: Take pictures in all the festive cutouts
Winterfest in Bayliss Park begins at 5:30 p.m. with the lighting ceremony taking place at 6 p.m. Join us for the moment the park transforms into wonderland, and stay awhile to shop, dine, and enjoy the festivities. Please note there is a fake/ unofficial Winterfest Facebook event. For the official event visit Facebook @CityofCB.
Printable Winterfest Flyer
For more information contact, Ashley Kruse, Communications Officer at City of Council Bluffs: [email protected] or 712-318-9000.