Fireworks tent sales begin on June 13, 2019. However, consumer use of fireworks within the city limits is only allowed on Thursday, July 4th, Friday, July 5th, and Saturday, July 6th from noon until 11:00 p.m.
The fireworks ordinance from the City of Council Bluffs states:
- Fireworks may only be possessed, used, or discharged by a person of 18 years of age or older ( Class I or Class II)
- Novelty fireworks may be discharged by individuals 5 years of age and older when supervised by an adult
- Fireworks shall be used on an individual’s property or that of a consenting property owner. No fireworks shall be discharged in C-3/ Commercially District or C-4/ Commercial Districts
- Fireworks shall not be discharged within 50 feet of another person or structure
- If a burn ban has been issued by Pottawattamie County due to drought conditions, no person should discharge consumers fireworks at any time
- Penalty: Any person in violation of these ordinances shall be charged accordingly and assessed a fine not less than $250.00
Did you know fireworks litter contains a variety of toxic pollutants? Please clean up all remnants and dispose of them safely.