The City of Council Bluffs is closely monitoring the rising waters of the Missouri River and has begun to take precautionary measures as follows:
- Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park is temporarily closed.
- River’s Edge Service Road, the road between Harrah’s parking lot and Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park, is temporarily closed.
- A portion of the Council Bluffs Trail System, from Harrah’s parking garage to Western Historic Trails Museum, is temporarily closed.
- River’s Edge Pavilion and Plaza, the trail system along the levee, and the Council Bluffs entrance to the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge remain open as flood waters aren’t expected to reach the levee.
- Big Lake Road is temporarily closed.
- Gifford Road is temporarily closed.
- City flood and drainage gates are closed, and stormwater pumps are operational.
City officials are monitoring the situation and will send updates as needed. Problems to the levee are not expected. The levees are in good shape and are expected to perform as they should. For more updates, follow the City on Facebook and Twitter: @CityofCB. For current emergency management information visit http://www.pottcounty-ia.gov.