Yard waste includes materials such as grass clippings, garden waste, leaves, branches and limbs, shrubs and flowers. Yard waste does not include lawn chairs, garden hoses, lawn tools or other maintenance tools. Yard waste will be collected at your curb from April 1st to November 30th. Here's how it works:
- Yard waste must be set out by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day
- Yard waste must be contained in a regular garbage can, City-approved Poly-cart, or paper yard waste bags
- Yard waste containers must be marked with a "Y" or an orange yard waste sticker (obtained at the Recycling Center)
- Yard waste placed in plastic bags will not be collected
- Limbs and branches must be gathered into bundles no more than 4’ in length, 2’ in diameter, and 60 pounds in weight
- Limbs and branches must be bundled together with string or twine, not wire, nylon or rope
If you have more yard waste than can be collected curbside, or do not have City waste services, visit the Recycling Center website for disposal options.
Secure Load Policy
The Recycling Center has a Secure Load Policy to ensure all loads (entering and exiting the facility) are secured from the point of origin to prevent material from blowing, scattering, and spilling from vehicles onto area roads and ditches. Failure to comply with this secure load policy will result in a $15 fee.
Hours of Operation
The Recycling Center is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Please arrive by 5:45 p.m. on weekdays and 12:15 p.m. on Saturdays as we close the gates promptly at closing time. Extended Saturday hours are coming soon.
More information can be found at www.cbrecycles.com and in the 2018 Recycling and Solid Waste Services Guide, mailed to residents on City waste services during the first week of April.