Police Area Representative
Police Area Representative Unit
The Council Bluffs Police Department's Police Area Representative Unit has been in existence since September 14, 1998. The PAR unit consists of proactive, aggressive, and dedicated members of the Council Bluffs Police Department.
Our mission is to develop partnerships, solve problems, and improve the quality of life for our citizens, which enhances and promotes the department's overall goals.
Our success is accomplished by innovative, creative, and sometimes unusual law enforcement techniques. We are securing both private and public partners to assist in long-term problem solving. Our successes range from ridding a neighborhood of unsightly solid waste to shutting down methamphetamine laboratories.
Our approach is based on the well-known S.A.R.A. (Scanning, Analysis, Response, and Assessment) problem-solving model. This is a common sense approach to police work.
- We identify problems and analyze the underlying cause of the problem.
- We then plan a response to the problem, which might include several agencies, both private and public.
- Our response is geared to solve the problem long term.
- This unit will also revisit the problem to make sure it is truly solved.
- Create a climate of close cooperation between police and the members of this community
- Identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for all members of the community
- Increase police service efficiency
- Provide an effective system of communication available to the citizens
For More Information
If you have any questions about the PAR unit you may call (712) 329-1856 or (712) 328-4707.
The Council Bluffs Police Department is excited about this program and look forward to continued support from the community.