PARK and TRAIL CLOSURES: Tom Hanafan Park and Big Lake Park; Mosquito Creek Trail, approximately 0.5 miles south of of I-29 as it passes under the railroad bridge.
Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to the enhancement and promotion of quality of life by providing safe, active and passive recreational opportunities within our parks and along our trails.
The Parks and Recreation Department has five divisions:
1) The Administrative Division oversees the administration function of the Department;
2) The Parks Maintenance Division is responsible for the maintenance and care of our parks and facilities;
3) The Horticulture and Grounds Division is responsible for our urban tree management programs, street-side plantings and medians;
4) The Recreation Complex Division is responsible for managing our premier sports complex and the other sports fields within the city; and
5) The Recreation and Events Division manages our youth and adult sports leagues, our community events, and the aquatic centers.
Our 2019 Summer Fun Guide is now available! Flip through the guide below, pick up a copy at the Parks & Recreation office, or download and print a copy here: Printable Summer Fun Guide.