Parks and Recreation Department
Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation oversees the care and management of approximately 750 acres of parks and open space, including 29 parks, two aquatic centers, River’s Edge Pavilion, and the Council Bluffs Recreation Complex (CBRC). Parks and Recreation also plans several annual recreation activities, sports, and special events. The Horticulture and Grounds Division takes care of City streetscapes, landscapes, and assists with right-of-way tree maintenance.
News and Information
- SAVE THE DATES! The 2021 Parks and Recreation Event Series is posted!
- TRAIL CLOSURE: A portion of Lewis Central Trail from Iowa West Foundation Trail Head, located at the intersection of South Omaha Road and Harry Langdon Blvd, will be closed until further notice. Ongoing construction activities of the Lewis Central School and a delay in the construction of a new trail link in this area have caused an unforeseen extension to the trail closure.
- Youth Tennis Camp Registration is Open!
- Plans for River's Edge Phase 4 were recently announced
- Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation partnered with HiCast Sports Network to make games at the CB Recreation Complex available live or on-demand using the HiCast mobile app or web viewer on your computer. Download the app to create an account and begin watching!
- Thanks to a generous donation from Pro Iowa and their partners, a mini-pitch for the game of futsal is coming to Roberts Park. The mini-pitch replaces one tennis court and features lighting, fencing, goals, and benches. Stay tuned for the official announcement!
- Eastern Hills Trail Stop Park is coming soon to the northeast corner of the roundabout along Eastern Hills Drive. Amenities include a shelter, picnic tables, bicycle parking, benches, and a play structure. Construction is slated for summer.
- Thanks to a generous donation from PowerTech, Cochran Park is getting a makeover! Expect to see new playground equipment this fall!