Parks and Recreation Department
Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation oversees the care and management of approximately 750 acres of parks and open space, including 29 parks, two aquatic centers, River’s Edge Pavilion, and the Council Bluffs Recreation Complex (CBRC). Parks and Recreation also plans several annual recreation activities, sports, and special events. The Horticulture and Grounds Division takes care of City streetscapes and landscapes and assists with right-of-way tree maintenance.
News and Information
- The 2022 Summer Fun Guide is now available!
- Youth Tennis Lessons' registration is open.
- Fall Adult Softball registration is open.
- SPLASH PAD CLOSURE: The splash pad located across from the River's Edge Pavilion is closed until the fall of 2022.
- PARKING LOT CLOSURE: The entrance to Lewis and Clark Monument will be closed on July 27 and 28 due to repair to a cellular tower.
- TRAIL CLOSURE: Valley View Trail will be closed at Mall Drive to the Valley View Park Bridge from June 3, 2022 until further notice.
- TRAIL CLOSURE: The Iowa Riverfront Trail will be closed west of 25th Street until further notice for storm sewer maintenance.
- TRAIL CLOSURE: The trail from the Bob Kerry Bridge to North 25th St will be closed from 9/1/21 until further notice for a United States Army Corps of Engineers levee flood restoration project.
- TRAIL CLOSURE: 35th Street to Tom Hanafan River's Edge Park will be closed until further notice as a result of the Council Bluffs Interstate System Improvement Project.
- The Mini-Pitch at Roberts Park, and the tennis courts at Roberts Park will be closed until further notice due to unplayable court conditions.
- Eastern Hills Trail Stop Park is coming soon to the northeast corner of the roundabout along Eastern Hills Drive. Amenities include a shelter, picnic tables, bicycle parking, benches, and a play structure. Construction is slated for summer.
- Thanks to a generous donation from PowerTech, Cochran Park is getting a makeover! Expect to see new playground equipment this fall!