- Police Department
- Police Area Representatives (PAR Unit)
Police Area Representatives (PAR Unit)
Duties & Responsibilities
The Council Bluffs Police Department's Police Area Representative Unit has been in existence since September 14, 1998. The PAR unit consists of proactive, aggressive, and dedicated members of the Council Bluffs Police Department.
Our mission is to develop partnerships, solve problems, and improve the quality of life for our citizens, which enhances and promotes the department's overall goals.
Our success is accomplished by innovative, creative, and sometimes unusual law enforcement techniques. We are securing both private and public partners to assist in long-term problem solving. Our successes range from ridding a neighborhood of unsightly solid waste, shutting down methamphetamine laboratories, to working with the homeless population.
Our approach is based on the well-known S.A.R.A. (Scanning, Analysis, Response, and Assessment) problem-solving model. This is a common sense approach to police work.
- We identify problems and analyze the underlying cause of the problem.
- We then plan a response to the problem, which might include several agencies, both private and public.
- Our response is geared to solve the problem long term.
- This unit will also revisit the problem to make sure it is truly solved.
This proactive approach to law enforcement and securing of partnerships to assist in solving problems long term has been successful in providing the citizens of Council Bluffs with a better sense of security. They have also come to know and trust their officers. This added benefit has increased crime prevention awareness and cooperation with the community we serve.
- Create a climate of close cooperation between police and the members of this community
- Identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for all members of the community
- Increase police service efficiency
- Provide an effective system of communication available to the citizens
Who to Contact
Each PAR officer is responsible for a section of the City of Council Bluffs. If you have an on-going issue, please email or call the PAR officer in your area of the city. If you are unsure of who to call, dial (712) 890-5400 option 7 and one of the PAR officers will get you to the correct person.
PAR Area 1 (West End - Districts 6 & 7)
Officer Friend Phone: (712) 890-5150 (effective January 2023)
PAR Area 2 (South End - District 4 & 8)
Officer Powles Phone: (712) 890-5208
PAR Area 3 (Northeast End - Districts 1 and 5)
Officer Jarzynka Phone: (712) 890-5170
PAR Area 4 (East End - District 2, 3, and 4)
Officer Stuck Phone: (712) 890-5225
The PAR office of the Council Bluffs Police Department is responsible for several programs in the community. One of the most popular programs is the Citizens' Police Academy.
- Neighborhood Watch
- Citizens' Police Academy
- Various programs on crime prevention topics throughout the city
For More Information
If you have any questions about the PAR unit you may call (712) 890-5400 Option 7.
The Council Bluffs Police Department is excited about this program and look forward to continued support from the community.
Police DepartmentPhysical Address
1 Ezra Jackson Way
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Phone: (712) 890-5400Emergency Phone: 911
Phone: (712) 890-5400, Choose option 7 for the PAR Office