Reclaiming Property or Evidence
Requirements for Release of Property and Evidence
- By Appointment Only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Call (712) 890-5400, option 4 to make an appointment with Property so your items are ready for release.
- You must pick up items in person.
- You need your case number and a valid state ID or driver’s license to receive your items.
- Property release must be authorized by the officer responsible for your case and/or the City or County Attorney.
Requirements for Release of Firearms
- Call (712) 328-4712 to speak with the firearm liaison and request your firearm back.
- We will contact you when you have been cleared to claim your firearm.
- You can pick up your firearm by appointment only.
- You must present a valid driver's license or state identification card. No other identification is accepted.
Property and Evidence Unit
Council Bluffs Police Department
1 Ezra Jackson Way
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503