Are you eligible for Council Bluffs’ Lead Hazard Reduction Program?
To be eligible for the program, your home must be:
- Constructed before 1978
- Located within the city limits of Council Bluffs
- Identified as having a lead hazard
- Have a child under 6 years old who spends a "significant amount of time" in the home, or be occupied by a pregnant woman
- Be structurally sound and financially feasible to remediate lead
- Have a permanent foundation
- Located outside of the floodway
- Maintain flood insurance if within the floodplain
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain the property to appropriate health and sanitary levels as determined by the City
Questions? Contact Community Development at (712) 890-5350.
Ready to get started? Click here to apply online for any of our Housing Rehabilitation programs. Start a new application under the Housing Rehabilitation category.
For technical help registering and starting your application, instructions are available here.