The Haymarket Square plaza is located within the Haymarket Commercial Historic District, which is a nationally recognized historic district. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Within the square are three rabbit sculptures, created by Deborah Masuoka and installed in the fall of 2007. Deborah’s rabbits fit perfectly within the already existing flower-bed medians, inviting visitors to get out of their car and stay awhile, whether that’s to shop or just relax.
Also located within the square is the Dodge Horse Trough Fountain. The horse trough fountain was dedicated October 9, 1907, in a grand ceremony with General Grenville Dodge presiding along with Parks Commissioner, Andrew Graham.