2019 Flood Information
A collection of resources and information regarding the 2019 flood event.
Current Precautionary Measures:
- Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park is temporarily closed.
- River’s Edge Service Road, the road between Harrah’s parking lot and Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park, is temporarily closed.
- A portion of the Council Bluffs Trail System, from Harrah’s parking garage to Western Historic Trails Museum, is temporarily closed.
- A portion of the Council Bluffs Trail System, from East Manawa to the Wabash, is temporarily closed.
- Big Lake Road is temporarily closed.
- Gifford Road is temporarily closed.
- City flood and drainage gates are closed, and stormwater pumps are operational.
"Minute With The Mayor" Video Updates:
2019 Flood Series on YouTube
Pottawattamie County Emergency Management:
2019 Flood Pottawattamie County Information & Resources
Need to report damages?
Report damages by using the Residential and Business Damage Reporting Tool online here: Residential and Business Damage Reporting Tool. To register with FEMA for assistance call 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY for hearing impaired).
NOTE: If you're hiring a contractor to manage your recovery process, please contact Pottawattamie County Emergency Management Agency at 712-328-5777 to verify prospective contractors.
Sign up for Pottawattamie Alert:
To receive emergency weather warnings and community alerts such as evacuations, shelter locations, and other emergency notices, sign up for free alerts from at Pottawattamie Alert.