Contractor Licensing

The City of Council Bluffs requires all contractors to maintain a current contractor license and insurance in accordance with the provisions outlined in Chapter 13 of the City Code. All Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Contractors are required to license through the State of Iowa.  The links provided below are to assist you in finding specific information with the respect to your specific trade or testing requirements.

International Code Council

Examination Program

Plumbing Contractor

Iowa Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board

Mechanical Contractor

Iowa Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board

Electrical Contractor

Iowa Electrical Examining Board

Council Bluffs General Contractor License Application

General Contractor License

Bi-Annual Contractor Registration