INSPECTION REQUEST PROCESS
- Residential Finals, Rough-In, Utility Service and Miscellaneous Inspection requests are now a 24-hour notice.
- Commercial Finals and Rough-In Inspection requests are now a 48-hour notice.
- Commercial/Industrial Utility Service and Miscellaneous Inspection requests are now a 24-hour notice.
- Industrial Rough-In Inspections are now a 48-hour notice.
- Industrial Final Inspection requests are now a 72-hour notice.
- Residential, Commercial & Industrial Concrete Inspection requests are now to be requested by 11:00am for the same day PM Inspection and requests up to 4:00pm for the following day.
- Emergency Utility Service Inspections for all projects: contact the main office at 712-890-5276.
*NOTE - to request Inspections you will now need to call the Inspection Request voice mail line at 712-890-5393 and leave the Address, Application #, Date of the Inspection (time of day if required) and name of the contractor. To email an Inspection request use the new inspection email site at [email protected], include the same information as the voice mail request process. If you have scheduled an inspection and the inspection needs to be cancelled or moved to the following day contact our main office line at 712-890-5276.
New Email Address
To contact the Building Division or to send in permit applications, insurance forms and plans in PDF format that are not too large please use: [email protected] (20mb limit).
The Building Division performs all required inspections for building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire and life safety, gas piping, energy, flood plain, grading, and excavation, manufactured home set downs, signs, and utility construction.
Please note that on all construction projects, final inspections must be performed and approved and a Certificate of Occupancy must be issued prior to occupancy of any new construction project.
New Fillable Form Plumbing, Electrical, And Mechanical Permit Applications
Under the Applications section of this webpage we now offer fillable form plumbing, electrical, and mechanical permit applications that you can complete on your computer, save, and email into our office at [email protected]. Other permit types will also be updated in the near future.
While there is no online portal to submit your permit application yet (that is coming in 2024) the form will allow you to clearly fill out a permit application and complete the transaction without printing off the paperwork. The ability to email this directly to our division speeds up the process. Then if you have a Direct Billing account you can pay online once the permit has been approved by staff. Remember our email address is [email protected].
If you have questions please contact our office at (712) 890-5276.
The Building Division issues the following permits: