Farm Animal Permit

Citizens wishing to have farm-type animals in the city may have them if they meet certain conditions found in the City Code in section 4.20. Citizens may apply for a farm animal permit and pay a fee, which covers the cost to administer the inspections and record keeping. City staff inspect the premises to determine if the animals covered by the permit application can be kept with no or minimal negative impact on the neighborhood.

Fill out the Farm Animal Permit Application to begin the permitting process of keeping farm animals within Council Bluffs city limits. Don't forget to attach the $150.00 permit fee in the form of a check, money order or bank draft payable to the "City Treasurer." Permits are now active for 3 years.

Mail the form and money to:

Animal Control Division
1020 Railroad Ave, Ste. B
Council Bluffs, IA 51503