Garbage Collection Guidelines:
- Garbage must be bagged
Collection is limited to three 32-gallon garbage cans, bags, or one 95-gallon City-approved Poly-cart
- Weight is limited to 60lbs/ garbage can or 30lbs/ bag
- Garbage must be household only, no business-generated garbage, or garbage from another residence
- Items not accepted in garbage or recycling include hot ashes, ammunition, bricks, car parts, concrete, construction material, etc.
- Set materials within five feet of the traveled roadway by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. There are no set times for collection. Garbage, recycling, and yard waste set out after 7 a.m. may not be collected.
Extra Bag Tags
- Each bag over limit must be marked with an extra bag tag
- An extra Poly-cart requires three extra bag tags
- Extra bag tags can be purchased ($2.50 each) at the Recycling Center, the City Treasurer's Office, and several area grocery stores including Fareway, both Hy-Vee stores, Family Fare, Super Saver and Wal-Mart
- Place extra bag tags in a prominent place on the item to ensure proper collection
- Each extra bag tag may only be used once
Purchase a Poly-cart
Due to plastic resin cost increases, effective Monday, August 9, the cost of 95-gallon poly carts will increase to $70 per cart, carts can be delivered for an extra $10. Carts must be ordered in person. Poly-carts have a ten-year, pro-rated warranty from the date of manufacture, against defects and can be used for yard waste or regular garbage, in separate carts. Call for details: (712) 890-5454.