Curbside Appliances & Bulky Waste
Bulky items that weigh more than 60 pounds, can be picked up at the curb. This service is available year-round, and appointments must be made with Waste Connections. Call Waste Connections at 712-256-2288 to schedule.
- Each household is allowed two appliance pick-ups/ year
- Each household is allowed two bulky waste pick-ups/ year
- Bulky waste must be contained to an area no larger than 8’ in length by 4’ in width by 4’ in height (a full-size couch)
- Items such as carpeting should be cut into 4’ lengths and bundled with twine
- Bundles should not exceed 2’ in diameter and 60lbs
- All loose items must be bagged
- Bulky waste does not include regular household garbage
For additional disposal options, visit cbrecycles.com.
Curbside Christmas Trees
Christmas trees will be collected at the curb the first full week of January. City residents can also recycle Christmas trees at the Recycling Center free during the month of January.
- Remove all lights, nails, ornaments, tinsel, wire, and stand
- Trees should be no more than 4' in length
Each household is allowed to set out two gallons of used motor oil/ month.
- Oil must be placed in sturdy, leak-proof containers with screw-top lids that are clearly labeled
- Containers with snap-on lids are unacceptable
- Set oil away from garbage, recycling, and yard waste
For information on disposal of additional used oil, automotive products, paints, or chemicals visit the Recycling Center's Household Hazardous Materials webpage.