How Do I
Click to Home

Go To Search
Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste
Who do I call if my garbage, recycling or yard waste collection was missed?
For missed collections of curbside garbage, recycling or yard waste, call Red River Waste Solutions at 712-256-2288 or click here to file a request or concern.

How do I schedule a collection for bulky items or appliances?
To schedule a bulky waste pick-up, call Red River Waste Solutions at 712-256-2288 or click here to schedule an appliance or bulky waste collection.

What do I do if my house is vacant? 
Notification of Vacancy Form
When is my recycling and solid waste collection bill due?
Starting July 1, 2013, billing occurs on a quarterly basis. Bills are distributed every 3 months and are due February 15th, May 15th, August 15th and November 15th of each year.

Effective May 15, 2014, if the due date occurs on a weekend or holiday, the bill is due and must be received the following business day by mail, in person or online by 5:00 p.m. A $20 late fee shall be assessed for any bill paid after these dates.

In addition, unpaid fees that are 60 days late are considered delinquent. All delinquent accounts shall be liened to the property unless the delinquent account is the responsibility of the tenant. The tenant is then subject to a municipal citation and fines up to $830.

You can now pay your bill online here

How do I purchase a Poly-cart?
Carts can be purchased in a number of ways:
  • Sign up at the Health Department, and pay $70.00 at the Treasurer’s Office. Deliveries are made on the following Friday.
  • Send a note with your name, address and telephone number explaining that you would like a Poly-cart delivered and a $70.00 check made out to the Treasurer’s Office. The check should be sent to 209 Pearl Street, and the Poly-cart will be delivered the following Friday after payment is received.
  • Ask about Poly-carts at the Recycling Center; pay $60.00, and take one home with you. The Recycling Center is located at:
    4441 Gifford Road
    Council Bluffs, IA 51501
    (712) 328-4985

How do I sign up for recycling and solid waste collection?
Contact the City Treasurer's Office at (712) 328-4649 to sign up for garbage, recycling and yard waste collection services and to verify your collection day.