Stop on Red
Stop on Red - Automated Traffic Enforcement (ATE)
The City of Council Bluffs utilizes automated camera technology for the detection of red light violations. This technology allows the Police Department to monitor more intersections with fewer officers, helping to make our streets safer.
Each location of ATE cameras is clearly marked with signage in advance of the intersection. A still photograph and video are taken of the vehicle entering the intersection against a red light. You can review the video at www.photonotice.com. In order to review the video, you will need to enter City Code CBLF. After verification and approval by a police officer, a citation is sent to the registered owner of the vehicle. This citation is considered a municipal infraction and is not reported to the State of Iowa or any other Department of Transportation and does not become a part of the vehicle owner’s driving record.
If you have questions about the "Stop on Red" program, please view our list of FAQs or call at (712) 328-4948.
- The fine for a violation issued to the registered owner of a vehicle caught on camera running a red light is $100.
- Appeals are handled through the Council Bluffs Legal. If you choose to appeal your violation, send in the "appeal request form" on the citation. Someone from Legal will contact you with an appeal date. Should you have any questions regarding your appeal, contact Legal at (712) 328-4620.
- The address to send your payment for a red light ticket is:
Council Bluffs Photo Enforcement Program Payment CenterNon-ATE Violations:
P.O. Box 76637
Cleveland, OH 44101
*Be sure to include your NOTICE# with your payment
- A citation issued by an officer (non ATE) for a red light violation carries a fine of $195, is reported to the state, and becomes a part of the driver's record.
Currently our red light detection cameras are located at the following intersections:
- West Broadway/35th Street - eastbound
- West Broadway/25th Street - east and westbound
- West Broadway/21st Street - westbound
- West Broadway/16th Street - east and westbound
- West Broadway/8th Street - east and westbound
- Kanesville Blvd/Harrison Street - east and westbound
- South 7th St/ Willow Avenue - south bound
- South Expressway/30th Avenue - north bound