Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The cities of Council Bluffs and Omaha opened the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge on September 28, 2008. This bridge was a joint project by the City of Council Bluffs, City of Omaha, the Iowa Department of Transportation, and the Nebraska Department of Transportation.
• Cable stayed
• S-curved bridge
• Pre-cast panel deck on steel I-beam floor
• Total bridge length- 2,224 feet
• Horizontal Navigation Clearance- 454 feet
• Vertical navigation clearance- 53 feet 6 inches
• Clear width height on deck- 15 feet x 10 feet
• Maximum height- 1,179 feet
• Maximum grade (ADA)- 4.9%
Use the contact information below to start the process. Depending on the size and scope of the event, fees may be required for additional Omaha city services.
Brenda Paul, Special Projects Coordinator - (402) 444-5920 BPaul@ci.omaha.ne.us
Events wanting to use the trails in Council Bluffs should also contact the Council Bluffs Parks, Recreation and Public Property Department at (712) 328-4650.
Fun Facts About the Bridge